OIL-UK THERMALTRANS FG represents a breakthrough in heat transfer fluid technology with a market leading flash point of over 260°C and providing outstanding protection from oxidative breakdown.
The unique ultra-high purity crystal clear synthetic composition of THERMALTRANS FG is free from the impurities that hinder the performance of other thermal fluids. This, and the inherently high flash point and ultra-low volatility enables THERMALTRANS FG to resist the process of premature degradation that often occurs with other food safe and non-food safe products at extended high temperatures.
THERMALTRANS FG is fully NSF HT1 approved for incidental food contact and is FDA 21 CFR 178.3570 “Lubricants with incidental food contact” compliant.
SUPER THERMAL STABILITY :
The superior oxidative stability of THERMALTRANS FG enables the fluid to operate at higher temperatures for extended periods without breaking down to form the by-products of oxidation such as compound deposits and varnishes that reduce system safety and efficiency and necessitate costly premature fluid replacement.
OIL-UK THERMALTRANS FG is recommended for use in non-pressurised, liquid phase, closed heat transfer systems, including those used in food processing and pharmaceutical operations, with bulk operating temperatures from -10°C to up to 330°C. Typical food processing applications include central cooking facilities, drying, edible oil deodorising and the heating of deep frying oils.
THERMALTRANS FG can also be used in any systems whenever a high level of thermal stability is required and where a virtually odourless, non-toxic fluid is required to enhance staff health and safety.
Thermaltrans FG can also be used in food and pharmaceutical related manufacturing operations where exposure to air cannot be avoided, and oxidation is the most likely form of degradation, such as the manufacture of plastic packaging and films.
HOW DOES THE FLASH POINT OF THERMALTRANS FG COMPARE WITH OTHER FOOD GRADE THERMAL FLUIDS?
COMPARISON OF VOLATILITY BETWEEN THERMALTRANS FG AND STANDARD MINERAL OIL BASED HEAT TRANSFER FLUID
FEATURES AND BENEFITS :
- Higher thermal and oxidative stability than other food grade heat transfer fluids and non-food grade synthetic and mineral oil based fluids.
- High flash point and thermal stability ensures reduced thermal stressing which can cause the formation of light molecular compounds that can result in raising the fluid’s vapour pressure, causing fluid leakage from control valves and pipe flanges. This can also result in circulating pump cavitation and vapour locking, reduced autoignition temperature and reduced maximum safe bulk oil temperature.
- Highly resistant to oxidative breakdown and oil thickening
- Extended oil life providing increased efficiency and reduced costs
- Minimises oil thickening and prevents the build-up of deposits and resins in well maintained systems that can dramatically reduce system efficiency
- Lowest Pour Point of all leading food approved products enhances low temperature flow.
- NSF H1, HT-1, HX-1 Food grade Approved and FDA Compliant
- Ultra-high purity provides enhanced factory environment and worker health and safety